What are the best ways to make a Tier 1 work for your offering?
Not needing an audit is appealing and not having to file results each six months and an annual audit every year suits my company well.
Factors that suit using Tier 1:
1) All your investors are local and in one State, and the State is easy to get your Blue Sky filing approved. Check out the states that matter to you here: See the detailed list of States and how they work for Blue Sky Filings.
2) Your company is a bank that is exempt from State Blue Sky filing requirements.
3) All your investors will be from OUTSIDE the USA. Then you have no need to file for Blue Sky exemption with any US States. This is close to ideal.
4) A maximum raise of $20 mill is sufficient. (Tier 2 starts at zero and goes up to $50 mill*).
5) You do not want to list your company on an OTCMarket like OTCQB or OTCQX or the NASDAQ.
*For businesses that can segment their market by geographic regions, it is possible to make multiple simultaneous offerings for one entity.
For example, a company can establish say six regions of the US and raise capital for each region simultaneously using a dedicated Reg A+ for each region. In this example, the maximum per year would be 6x50 = $300 million per year.