You are here
Todd Brecher is an expert in helping companies grow their businesses through strategic alliances. In his 20+ years as an attorney, including most recently as SVP, Ass. General Counsel, Business Affairs at Cablevision Systems Corporation, Todd has served as a trusted advisor and business partner to senior executives in the evaluation, structuring, negotiation, and implementation of acquisitions, investments, joint ventures, and strategic commercial transactions of every variety. Prior to his time at Cablevision, Todd spent 8 years at Time Warner Cable in positions of increasing responsibility. Todd’s background includes several years spent in private practice in San Francisco & Palo Alto during the height of the late 90s Internet boom. Todd is a graduate of Yale University and Boalt Hall School of Law, and resides in New Rochelle, NY, with his wife and 3 children. Todd serves on the Board of Directors of the American Reform Zionist Association and the Board of Trustees of Temple Israel of New Rochelle, and is an avid tennis player and consumer of all forms of digital content.
During 20+ year legal career for major law firms and Fortune 500 telecom companies, served as lead attorney responsible for diligence, negotiation, documentation and implementation of mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures and other strategic corporate and commercial transactions, including:
o $10B sale of Cablevision to Altice
o $1.4B acquisition of Bresnan cable systems by Cablevision and subsequent $1.5B sale of Bresnan cable systems to Charter
o Spin-off of AMC Networks from Cablevision
o Launch of new Freewheel WiFi product by Cablevision
o Sale of Clearview Cinemas by Cablevision to BowTie Cinemas
o Sale of PVI (live event advertising technology company) by Cablevision to ESPN and SportVision
o Agreement with NJ Transit for Cablevision to provide WiFi services in trains and stations
o $18B acquisition of Adelphia cable systems by Time Warner Cable/Comcast, and associated cable swaps and system sales between Time Warner Cable/Comcast
o Formation by major cable operators of Canoe Ventures (interactive advertising joint venture)
o Spin-off of Time Warner Cable from Time Warner
o Sale of Rondor Music to Universal Music Group
o Formation of Orbitz joint venture by major US airlines
o $6.6B acquisition of US Robotics by 3Com
● Supervised in-house attorneys responsible for corporate transactions, employee benefits, and real estate.
● Negotiated and documented employment and severance agreements.
● Prepared legal documentation with respect to executive compensation matters and led compensation committee meetings.
● Negotiated and documented content licensing and technology agreements for advertising sales and marketing departments.
● Served as law department liaison to Corporate Strategy group and coordinated law department review and evaluation of new strategic initiatives.
● Negotiated and documented employment agreements for senior executives in the music industry.
● Significant experience in real estate, human-resources, and litigation matters.