You are here
Bringing Trust to the $120 billion Skincare Industry
Opu Labs Investment Opportunity
Opu aims to become the leading digital solutions provider for skincare measurement, management, and monitoring. We are doing this through a combination of blockchain, AI, big data, search, image analysis, and eCommerce technologies. Underpinning the platform is a merit-based incentives system, which rewards those who contribute information and insights.
Skincare is a multibillion-dollar global industry. Everyone’s skin is different, yet few consumers get their information from professional dermatologists; and instead rely on advice from social media, friends, shop assistants, and product marketers.
From a dermatologist’s perspective there’s a genuine need to offer their professional expertise to a mass audience. Over 600 million Facebook users are interested in skincare. Yet there’s no quick trusted solution that allows skincare professionals to meet the individual needs of these global customers..
Opu Labs is creating a suite of trust-based online platforms; all designed to improve the quality, efficiency, and use of dermatological data for individuals and professionals alike:
- Opu AI: machine learning technology that analyzes, compares, and recommends treatment solutions.
- Opu Search: a search platform that provides treatment information from consumer skincare service providers and eCommerce partners.
- Opu Coin (OPU): our native crypto coins (known as ERC-20 tokens) that act as a currency for our skincare marketplace and Opu loyalty programs.
- Opu Brand Connect: an opt-in service for market research.
- Opu CRM: a customer support tool. Includes image markup and patient tracking tools.
Through these platforms, we make it easier for individuals to analyze skin conditions, set improvement goals, monitor their progress, and achieve results with expert guidance from professionals and Opu’s native intelligence.
The international skincare market is worth approximately $112B. It’s forecast to increase to $155B by 2022. The market for beauty accessories and devices alone is valued at $23B and is growing at a rate of around 14% per year. This healthy growth is fueled by rising incomes in developing countries.
Despite the size of the market, a global skincare management solution provider has yet to emerge; mostly due to fragmentation and the lack of an integrated solution. The market demands a highly scalable service which will help consumers understand their skin conditions and rapidly connect them to effective and affordable products and services – without any brand bias.
The Company’s business model centers on the monetization of data it collects from consumers and service providers (all data shared is on a strict opt-in basis from each consumer), as well as commissions earned from product sales including:
- Revenue from consumer skincare data that is sold to skin care brands
- Revenue from consumer-focused product research programs and surveys
- Revenue from affiliate product purchases on partner eCommerce sites
- Revenue from referrals fees from web-based consultations with doctors and skincare professionals
- Revenue from referral fees for offline skincare clinics and service providers
We forecast that within 60 months of launch, the platform will be operational in over 60 countries with 10 million users. We are targeting $80 million per annum in revenue within 5 years, which translates into an Average Revenue per User (ARPU) of approximately $1.40. The Company is targeting break-even in the third year following the offering (2021), with a target long term profit of approximately 15%.
Our Technology: 5 Core Services
Opu aims to create a suite of trust-based online platforms designed to improve the quality, efficiency, and use of dermatological data:
machine learning technology that analyzes, compares, and recommends treatment solutions.
a search platform that provides treatment information from consumer skincare service providers and eCommerce partners.
ERC-20 tokens that act as the base currency for the skincare marketplace and Opu loyalty programs.
an opt-in service for product testing.
a customer support tool. Includes image markup and patient tracking tools. Also has a marketing and ad stack.
To evolve treatment we need to make better use of technology. Through our blockchain-based AI initiatives, we’ll be able to do this at scale. Here’s how we’ll get there…
Early 2016 - 2017
- • Proof of Concept
- • Further product research, development, & testing
- • MVP (demo/alpha)
- • Fully functioning web version of 3D scan & analysis
- • Training tools for doctors
- • Private Sale & Pre-ICO Opens
- • ICO Opens
- • Product recommendation & skin condition programs
- • Native Android app version & Asian market launch
- • Native iOS app version & US market launch
- • Affiliates network
- • Decentralized blockchain database
- • Analysis Engine v2 & Image Processing API
- • Treatment recommendation functionality
- • Additional Asian & EU country launches
Opu Coin & Our Token Ecosystem
Our value-driven ecosystem is underpinned by our native Ethereum-backed token — the Opu Coin (OPU). These are tokens given to anyone who makes a valuable contribution to our suite of platforms. Say a customer submits their skincare data to our AI platform, or signs up for a dermatologist’s clinical trial, or a new skincare brand wants to use decentralized data to find a user group for a new product. OPU will become their standard payment method.
In these scenarios, and many others, the exchange of information will enable improvements in skincare health. As our community grows, and more people join our platforms, the greater OPU’s usage becomes. This means our tokens will be in demand, so now is the perfect time to get involved.
We are featured in
OpuLabs Brings “Skin In The Game” to Blockchain
Skin care and blockchain technology have more in common than you might think. Your skin...
Are Blockchain and AI Technologies the Key to Healthy Skin?
Opu was founded to improve how the global skincare industry exchanges data, information, and rewards...
Skincare Start-Up Uses AI, Big Data and Blockchain to Bring Expert Advice to the Masses
A start-up is striving to give the skincare sector a makeover by using blockchain technology...
Start-Up Uses Blockchain And AI To Offer ‘Trustworthy, Unbiased’ Skincare Advice
A new project aims to rejuvenate the skincare industry by launching a blockchain platform designed...
Cryptocurrency Enters The Beauty Market
There may be many things you associate Cryptocurrency with; darkened rooms with trading geeks, a...