What companies can not raise capital under Regulation A Plus?
Regulation A Plus does not allow funding for the following:
- Foreign issuers (not counting Canadians)
- U.S. or Canadian companies with principal offices outside the U.S. or Canada
- Investment companies as defined by the Investment Company Act of 1940
- Public companies that are "Reporting"
- Development stage companies with no business plan or purpose
- Companies issuing fractional, undivided interests in oil, gas, or mineral rights
- Companies disqualified under the “bad actor” rules
That’s it. If your company doesn’t fall into one of those exclusions, you’re eligible.