You are here
AN INDUSTRY LEADER
Our rapid R&D cycle, reputation for quality, and customer loyalty has resulted in strong sales year after year.
Game-Changing Capabilities Reach Untapped Markets
Nose wheel landing gear has a well-earned reputation for being incredibly forgiving, providing better visibility during taxiing, takeoff and landing and handling better overall than taildraggers.
- Only 15% of pilots have tail wheel capabilities or interest.
- With the introduction of our nose wheel landing gear configuration in 2019, we are reaching an additional 85% of the market.
Positioned for Growth*
As the industry’s leading manufacturer and innovator, CubCrafters is uniquely positioned to lead the market.
With back country flying growing in popularity and more pilots than ever before taking to remote strips — globally — the world is at our wingtips.
UNIQUELY RESOURCED, CAPABLE AND EXPERIENCED
We are the benchmark by which other aircraft are judged.
Innovative Builder-Assist Program
FAA Certification — a Significant Barrier to Entry
We design and build the best-selling certified backcountry airplanes in America.
- We are the only company to get a type certificate in backcountry aviation since 1970.
- We were the first company ever to take experimental avionics and win FAA approval for a certified airplane.
- In last 20 years, there have only been 4 new type Part 23 Certificates approved, and 2 were CubCrafters airplanes.
Building a Dream: Our Innovative Builder-Assist Program.
- Pilots create their dream under the supervision of our factory technicians, with guaranteed delivery of a world-class aircraft.
- No technical experience is necessary.
- Our factory personnel guides our customers from fabrication to completion.
- Fast-growing segment that provides a unique customer experience and builds customer loyalty.
Our airplanes are remarkably fast, very powerful, technically capable, enduringly rugged — and quite simply, fun to fly.
POISED FOR INTERNATIONAL GROWTH
While 90% of our sales are domestic, 50% of the market demand is outside the U.S.
Expanding Our Global Reach**
Our aircraft have been sold and exported to more than 25 countries around the world, and have been awarded key international certifications:
A HISTORY OF INNOVATION
Our aircraft deliver a remarkable flight experience to satisfy the missions and interests of an increasing number of adventure seekers.
Reengineering the Archetype
Our origins began with rebuilding legendary PA-18 Piper Super Cubs, making them better through supplemental approvals, then re-engineering new, original designs that brought every aspect of the Cub platform to uniquely capable heights
A New Standard, Certified
In 2004, CubCrafters its first aircraft, the Top Cub, merging the best from the past with the very latest technology and bringing backcountry aviation into a new era.
The Most Advanced and Fastest-Selling Backcountry Aircraft
The Carbon Cub, a modern redesign of the classic Super Cub in 2006, has been continuously improved to redefine expectations and push the envelope of backcountry aviation.
- In 2009 the Carbon Cub was upgraded with a lightweight 180 HP engine.
- In 2010, the Carbon Cub became available as a build-it-yourself aircraft kit, called the Carbon Cub EX.
- In 2015, we introduced our 7-day factory Builder Assist program with the Carbon Cub FX.
- In 2017, we introduced Carbon Cub FX-3 and EX-3 with more refinements for increased performance.
- In 2022, we are introducing a new engine option for the Carbon Cub, the CC 363i F/P, that combines advanced fuel injection and electronic ignition.
Our most recent breakthroughs can be found on our certified XCubs.
Self-funded and secretly developed over 6 years, the introduction of the XCub in 2016 established CubCrafters at the center of a backcountry aviation revival.
Now with international certifications, the most powerful engine in its class, seaplane certification, and nosewheel landing gear configuration, the NXCub can go where no other airplane dared to go.
A LIFETIME-OF-OWNERSHIP PHILOSOPHY
Much of our success has come from listening to pilots, building the aircraft they want to fly, and delivering an unmatched customer experience.
Our products and services are designed to meet customer needs throughout the life of the aircraft:
- Pre-owned sales allow customers retiring from their flying career or upgrading their airplanes to sell on consignment.
- Our aircraft retain tremendous value, often selling for more than their original price.
- Our product line attracts customers across a wide range of interests including humanitarian and life-saving missions.
CubCrafters is an enduring symbol of the spirit of grassroots aviation. Our trailblazing innovations allow pilots to be their own trailblazers.
AMERICAN OWNED, DESIGNED AND MANUFACTURED
No other factory in the world is building multiple models of 3 aircraft certification types on one assembly line.
Situated on the edge of McAllister Field Airport in Yakima, Washington, our facility is Ideally configured to build airplanes at the highest levels of precision.
- More than 200 dedicated and highly skilled personnel.
- A unique combination of time-tested craftsmanship and state-of-the-art computer-aided design and fabrication.
- We are the only manufacturer in America building Light Sport Aircraft, experimental and Certified category aircraft in the same FAA-certified production facility
- Proven manufacturing principles and processes ensure that there is no outdated inventory and that all parts and procedures are under constant scrutiny.
A Dynamic Market
Light-Sport Aircraft Global Market Snapshot — A Bright Future***
- Adventure aircraft have low acquisition, maintenance, and operational costs compared to traditional high-performance airplanes.
- Higher discretionary income in developed and developing countries is boosting recreational use of adventure aircraft, with millennials showing increasing interest.
- More countries have been legalizing recreational flights, resulting in a growing number of participants.
- Global demand is increasing thanks to improved fuel efficiency and reduced noise emission.
- Major regulatory bodies are modifying and introducing regulatory requirements to support industry growth.
- Efforts to bring the pilot training and certification costs down has increased adoption of adventure aircraft.
President, Chief Executive Officer, Director of the Board
- More than 30 years of experience in leadership, design, and manufacturing in the commercial, military, and General Aviation industries.
- Led the development of key breakthroughs, including certification of our flagship Xcub and experimental Garmin G3X avionics, as well as a patent-issued for new aviation technology currently being developed at CubCrafters with NASA funding.
- Serves on the board of the General Aviation Manufacturers Association and various ASTM International committees.
- A 4000+ hour instrument rated pilot, owns a vintage 1948 aircraft, and is type rated in the North American T-28.
- Holds a BS in Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering from the University of Illinois in Urbana-Champaign and a Certificate from Harvard Business School in Disruptive Strategy.
Vice President, Member of Board of Directors
- More than 20 years of experience in leading high-performing sales teams.
- Responsible for sales, marketing, and brand management and is an invaluable contributor to product development, defining the product roadmap and refining specialized product designs.
- Contributed to the achievement of record sales, year after year, across all new aircraft and kit product lines; meaningfully raised brand awareness among aviation consumers worldwide.
- More than 25 years of flight experience in primitive and remote areas.
- Volunteer pilot for the Klickitat County Sheriff’s office’s aerial search and rescue missions.
A singular investment opportunity
For the first time, enthusiasts, customers, and investors can participate in our future by acquiring shares in a Public Offering available to everyone, subject to SEC qualification.
Vice President of Sales and Marketing, Brad Damm, is interviewed on the Bell2Bell podcast about the company, the upcoming Regulation A public offering, how the funds raised are expected to be used, who the corporate leadership is, and the vision for the future of the company. As of today, reservations to purchase shares can still be made at the offering price of $5 per share. If you want to participate, there is detailed information about this opportunity at the link below.